Friday, March 1, 2013

Perspective!

There has been this small thing that I have been missing in my life. Conversation with children. I think most of 'big' life realizations has come through random innocent conversations with kids. Let it be about fear, pain, love or even work, its simpler to understand when its told to you by a youngster. 
And just like that, I had a moment..a change in perspective of this whole wide world that I am looking at since the day I was born. Each thing that I was taught seemed to be a view of someone else. It seemed no one taught me to look the other way! You know.. it was not about asking questions, it was about encouraging to think different! 

So, what had happened?

Samvrith, Appu and Abhishek (their 9 year old friend) had just played a game of cricket and came home hungry. They were eating dosa and talking something random, while I watched them and kept biting pieces of dosa from each one of them. Samvrith started it by telling me.. "You know what, the other day I saw air!" .. he continued, "I opened the fridge and there was air! Really, go open the freezer, and you can see the air coming out!" 
I tried to be an adult, and told him how it was not air, and if that was the case, even smoke can be seen and that could be called air.. but air is something that you can't see. 

Appu, as usual asked the curious innocent question, that all of us would have asked at some point of time in our childhood. 
" Why can't we see air?" 

Its not something that I haven't thought of. I am sure, my teacher had given an answer to that question.. but I kept thinking. I kept thinking, how could I explain it to him?
While I was still pondering, Abhishek, without even giving a moment's thought asked a question to Appu.. this were his exact words.

"Arrey yaar, agar tu air ko dekh sakta, toh tu baaki sab kaise dekhta??"

That! That now is what is perspective, which none of our teachers would have ever made us think! I mean, if air was seen, we couldn't have seen anything around us! That's such a huge thought... all our school days we constantly felt (atleast i was made to feel) we cant see air.. like i was missing out on something just because I cant see it.. like that was something big. 
No one ever told, we could see so many things because of air! 
Ping!

No comments:

Post a Comment