Monday, August 15, 2011

Rewind

A dull expected holiday for all.. Yes, Independence day. But I thought of keeping my patriotic spirits high today. So I switched on the television to watch the parade, which was followed by old patriotic songs on Youtube (my sincere gratitude to technology).

It was when I rummaged through the newspaper that my eyes fell on a copy of a newspaper along with the day's issue. There is something about the past, how much ever sad, depressing or gory it may be... it surely does bring back a warm known feeling. The copy was a six page newspaper dated 15th August 1947!

There were lot of interesting articles, of joy .. of relief... of freedom. The Prime Minister spoke... the Viceroy spoke...the articles about celebration (which I imagined to be like the recent Cricket World Cup victory!)  and much more..

But what caught my attention more than anything was the advertisement of those days! Somehow it doesn't do justice to just read it and keep the paper away... hence I am jotting it down here.

"Are You Afraid To Kiss Him... because of your breath?"

He leans nearer, whispering romantic words. But how can you be sure your kiss will please? Are you sure your breath is sweet and fresh? Remember, 7 out of 10 percent have BAD BREATH and don't know it.

So be careful. Use Colgate Dental Cream. Its penetrating foam gets into crevices between your teeth and washes away germs and decaying food particles which cause bad breath, dingy teeth, soft gums and tooth decay. Colgate leaves the teeth thoroughly and beautifully clean - the gums healthy and the breath sweet.

May this day of rejoicing herald lasting peace, goodwill and prosperity to the people of India and Pakistan.

COLGATE - PALMOLIVE (INDIA) LIMITED.
 


1 comment: